Monday, May 7, 2012

Cars and planes

Well, I am sitting on side of the road after wrecking my girlfriend's car. It still runs but it looks like this. No fun. Hopefully the bill won't be too big.




I am leaving tomorrow to go back home for a week. Then I am going to pennsylvania to officially start my internship by attending HOPE's leadership summit. Quite exciting. After the week long summit, I am leaving for the Philippines. I am really sad to leave as it will be the last time I see Emily for the next seven months (while I am gone, she will be leaving to serve with Mission to the World for a year in Scotland and neither of us will be able to make any transatlantic trips till Christmas vacation). But at the same time, I am very excited to be starting this new adventurous chapter of my life. I feel like these are the last few weeks of my childhood. There is a sense of parting from a carefree life.


I do know that I will be staying in a condo that belongs to CCT. This is awesome. I don't know if I will be having any roommates yet but I am excited to be living on my own in a foreign country. Thank you for praying.


I will keep the world wide web updated as I travel by car and plane and possibly train during the next month. Thanks for taking the time to read this.


prayer requests:


  • travel preparation and safety
  • saying farewell to many loved ones
  • trusting God to provide for wrecked cars and unraised support
prayers answered:
  • finding out more about what I am doing (specifically housing)
  • everything is packed and finished at school for my penultimate year of college

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;